I hope this message finds you in good health. As our city faces this new reality and the threat presented by COVID-19, Ifetayo Cultural Arts Academy remains committed to serving our community. The corona virus has hit hard and as a result we have had to pivot and adjust quickly. All Ifetayo staff members are now working remotely–and can still be contacted as usual. Below is an overview of our pivot:
- All Staff and Faculty are receiving on-going support and training around effectively working remotely.
- We are wrapping up an assessment of our Teaching Artist’s ability to conduct classing via zoom and google classroom.
- As of Saturday March 28th, 2020 we began offering remote learning sessions, starting with our Saturday Academy. Our Rites of Passage, Africana Studies and Ifetayo Youth Ensemble scholars are connecting via Zoom.
- We are working with our School partners to continue to be available to assist and support their teachers and students.
- We have also started outreach to current and former Ifetayo families, checking in on their well being during this time.
- Our census efforts continue to move forward and we are ramping up our online and text outreach strategy.
Peace & Love